It may be an age thing, or it may be a technology thing. Either way, you will find people that have negative things to say about electric toothbrushes and manual toothbrushes. The fact is, an electric toothbrush can help your oral health in a variety of different ways and with only a few negatives, such as charge time and bulky for travel. Today, we are going to explain why we think you should give an electric toothbrush a try.
Benefits of an Electric Toothbrush
- Effectiveness: With a manual toothbrush, you are responsible for moving the toothbrush side to side and up and down to ensure proper cleaning. An electric toothbrush will do this work for you. Most electric toothbrushes will vibrate and rotate to make sure that you properly scrub all the surface area on each tooth.
- Built-in timer: Be honest. If you use a manual toothbrush, how often do you think that you actually brush for a full two minutes? The fact is, the majority of us do not brush long enough. An electric toothbrush usually comes with a built-in timer to help you brush your teeth for a full two minutes.
- Easy to change toothbrushes: When the time comes to change your toothbrush, it can not be easier than with an electric toothbrush. You simply have to remove the toothbrush head from the base and put a new one on. These are usually sold in bulk with at least a year supply of toothbrush heads.
- Easy to charge: Unless you are the most forgetful person on earth, charging your toothbrush will not be an issue. All electric toothbrushes come with a charging station that is small and designed to sit right on your bathroom vanity. Most come with a portable charger as well that is easy to travel with.
- Safe: The majority of us use too much force when brushing with a manual toothbrush, and over time, this can cause damage to your gums and tooth enamel. Most electric toothbrushes have been in sensors that will alert you if you are using too much force. Since electric toothbrushes do most of the work for you, simply turn it on and let the toothbrush clean for you.
Maitland Ave Smile Co. Can Help
If you are looking for ways to make your oral hygiene easier and more effective, we can help! Visit Maitland Ave Smile Co. in Altamonte Springs, Florida. To schedule an appointment, call (407) 636-2402 or request an appointment online.