Dental ImplantsAn Overview
If a patient is missing one or more teeth, dental implants can provide a long-lasting, natural-looking solution to restore health and function to your smile. Solberg & Miller Dentistry provides patients dental implants in Altamonte Springs FL. Dental implants provide a stable foundation to stabilize or even improve the bite and the function of the jaw. Patients can enjoy the benefit of a secure, comfortable, and natural-looking tooth replacement option that will also benefit long-term dental health.
We handle all aspects and phases of the dental implant process in-house. To determine if a patient is an ideal candidate for dental implants, restorative dentist Dr. Clay Miller will perform a thorough dental exam. If missing teeth are left untreated, patients have a higher risk of developing periodontal disease, tooth decay, jaw bone deterioration, facial sagging, tooth damage, and additional tooth loss. Replacing missing teeth can improve oral health, restore confidence, and prevent further damage.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
Dental implants are one of the most natural looking, successful tooth replacement options on the market. Dental implants may be used to support a denture, dental bridge, or dental crown for added stability and comfort. Dental implants are designed to mimic the tooth root and add support for a final restoration. We offer all types of implants and emphasize the benefits they offer, including:
- Dental implants can prevent bone deterioration and soft tissue loss.
- Supporting a dental bridge or denture. Typically, dental bridges rely on adjacent teeth which may compromise the teeth in the future.
- Dental implants can replace one or more missing teeth.
- Dental implants have a 95 % success rate.
- Long lasting, durable
- Prevents facial sagging
- Improved mobility
- No dietary restrictions
Dr. Williams was able to accommodate my schedule with a same day consultation and both him and his team were very thorough with the process. Its obvious he's very knowledgeable and experienced. I trust him with my mothers new smileNatasha Satchwell
I’m a new patient and am very happy to have found this office. They’re just what I look for in a dentist. They cover a wide range of services, are knowledgeable and don’t use high-pressure tactics. Dr. Solberg is great, and I’d absolutely recommend this office.Adam Miller
Dr. Solberg and his assistant Chris were very efficient and professional in replacing my crown. I am always amazed how he makes the numbing process painless. And watching them machine the tooth right there is amazing.Mark Schmidt
It's the most compassionate and professional dentistry I've ever seen, from admins to techs and docs. Both Drs. Solberg and Miller are highly trained yet very personable. The office is homey, but their equipment is state of the art. Consequently, I've been going here with my family for 17 years,…Remo Eyal
Dental Implants What to Expect
Types Dental Implants:
- Single Tooth Dental Implant
- Implant Secured Dental Bridge
- Implant Secured Denture
The dental implant treatment process may differ from patient to patient, depending on oral health condition, bone structure and overall treatment plan. Our team of Altamonte Springs dentists will work with each patient to coordinate all phases of the process for the best possible result. The dental implant process can be explained in two phases.
- Placing The Dental Implant– During the surgical phase of the dental implant process, your dentist will strategically place the dental implant into the jaw bone. Over the course of 3-6 months, through a process called osseointegration, the dental implants will fuse into the jaw bone. The goal is to create a healthy, stable foundation to promote a long lasting, natural looking final restoration solution. In some cases, patients may be able to receive their dental implants and final restoration in one visit.
- Placing The Dental Implant Restoration– The next phase of the dental implant process is the final restoration procedure. Once the dental implants complete the osseointegration process, Dr. Miller will attach the abutment to each dental implant. Once the abutment is placed, a final restoration is permanently secured. Depending on whether a patient is missing one or several teeth, Dr. Miller may attach a dental crown, denture, or dental bridge.
After the dental implant process, patients should continue their normal oral hygiene routine to maintain a healthy smile. Dental implants should be treated just like regular teeth.
Schedule A Consultation
If you are missing one or more teeth, it is imperative you find a tooth replacement option to prevent further damage. We serve patients in Central Florida including Orlando, Castleberry, Maitland, Winter Park, and Longwood. Our dental care team can work with you to determine if dental implants are right for you. If you would like to learn more about dental implants, you can schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentist.