Dental implants allow patients who are missing one or more teeth to restore their confidence and enjoy long-lasting, natural smiles. They also create a durable and stable foundation that can improve the function and bite of the jaw, allowing for better long-term dental health and prevention of further damage.
Designed to mimic the tooth root, dental implants have a 95 percent success rate and no dietary restrictions. They can be cared for just like regular teeth. Other benefits include:
- the replacement of one or more missing teeth
- the prevention of bone deterioration and soft tissue loss
- the support of a denture, dental bridge, or dental crown for added comfort and stability
- the prevention of facial sagging
- the improvement of mobility
Process for Dental Implants
There are three types of dental implants, including a single tooth dental implant, implant secured dental bridge, and implant secured denture. While the process differs depending on the patient’s oral health, bone structure, and treatment plan, there are generally two phases.
- Placing the Dental Implant: During the surgical phase, your dentist strategically places the dental implant into the jaw bone. This part of the process requires a local anesthetic or dental sedation. Over the next three to six months, through a process called osseointegration, the implant fuses into the jaw bone.
- Placing the Dental Implant Restoration: Once the dental implant completes the osseointegration process, your dentist attaches the abutment to it. At this point, a final restoration is fully secured. If needed, your provider may also fasten a dental crown, denture, or dental bridge. Some patients can receive their dental implants and final restoration in one visit.
Restorative Dentistry at Maitland Ave. Smile Co.
At Maitland Ave. Smile Co., we provide patients with all aspects and phases of the dental implant process. Although dental insurance does not typically cover the cost of implants, we offer payment options to help the procedure fit within your budget.
When missing teeth are left unattended, patients have a higher chance of developing periodontal disease, tooth decay, jaw bone deterioration, facial sagging, tooth damage, and additional tooth loss. Come see us today!
If you’re in need of dental implants in Altamonte Springs, FL, schedule an appointment at Maitland Ave. Smile Co. today. Check out our Dental Blog for posts about sensitive teeth, the impact of stress on oral health, and more.