Sedation dentistry can be used to help patients with dental fear and anxiety receive the treatment they need to improve their smile. At Solberg & Miller Dentistry in Altamonte Springs, FL, we understand that dental fear and anxiety prevents some patients from visiting the dentist, even when they know they have developed serious oral health concerns. We offer compassionate, patient-centered dental care to those with dental fear and anxiety.
Our team of dentists takes the time to listen to your needs and create a treatment plan based on your needs. We take the time to educate each of our patients about their oral health so they can take a more active role in improving their smile.
- Nitrous Oxide: Nitrous oxide, commonly referred to as “laugh gas,” is administered through a nasal mask. Once the nasal mask is placed over the nose, patients will feel the effects of the sedation immediately. Patients remain alert while under nitrous oxide sedation. Once the mask is removed, the effects of nitrous oxide diminish.
- Oral Sedation: Oral conscious sedation is administered in the form of a pill. Oral sedation allows patients to remain comfortable throughout their treatment. Patients can still communicate with their dentist as needed. Most patients have little to no memory of their procedure.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
- Sedation dentistry is pain-free. Oral sedation and nitrous oxide do not require the use of needles. Patients with a fear of needles can receive the dental care they need under oral sedation or nitrous oxide.
- Your dentist can perform multiple treatments during one visit. Dental sedation allows your dentist to safely perform the necessary treatment while you remain relaxed and comfortable. In essence, patients can receive the dental care they need in fewer visits, which limits the time spent experiencing dental anxiety.
- Sedation dentistry is beneficial for patients with dental fear and anxiety. Once patients are sedated, their fears and anxiety disappear; patients are relaxed, which allows their dentist to perform the treatment they need.
If you would like to learn more about sedation dentistry, you can visit our Altamonte Springs dental office. Drs. Williams, Solberg, and Miller can work with you to determine which form of sedation is right for your needs. To schedule an appointment, call (407) 636-2402 or schedule an appointment online.